Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer days

I've had a few days off this week. I'm a little frustrated by this, actually, because I still have to go in to my office for a few days. I just don't know when those days are. I have to have one day to do the remediation schedule and to meet with our director of instruction to make sure that's all set, and I have to go in two other days so that kids can come in and change their schedules if they wish. The schedule change days will probably be in July 17 and 18. I'd like to go in tomorrow and do the remediation stuff, but I have to call my secretary and see if the transcripts are ready to be signed.

I don't mind going in to work...I'd just like to keep going there until I'm DONE, and then I'll start vacation mode.

I'm feeling a little guilt creeping in as I talk about "vacation mode." I am fully aware that I'm quite spoiled with the job that I have. True, I tend to put in a lot of extra time during the school year, but I also get most of the vacations that the kids get, and I get a few weeks off during the summer. Not as much time off as teachers, but still, I get time off. And that's pretty cool. (Of course, it gives me enough time to realize how much I love being home, and then I have to go back to work, but I also make pretty decent money, so if I want the money, I have to work for it.)

So for the past few days, I've worked on some of my projects, yesterday I ran a bunch of errands, and today I've worked on some of my stuff for Girl Talk. (See, I'm working from home.) I'll work tomorrow, and two days next week, and a day or two here and there, but I'm sure looking forward to having some time to just spend doing home improvement projects, spring cleaning (yes, I know I'm a few months late for that, but I have to do it when time and energy permits, which is sometime at the end of July).

No comments: