The big thing on Facebook seems to be the "25 Random Things About Me" survey, and since I didn't really know what to write, I decided to write it in my blog and then paste it into Facebook. Then I thought maybe I should just leave it here, too...
My 25 Random Things:
1) I'm married to my best friend and favorite person; I hate being away from him.
2) I'm a HUGE environmentalist and believe that it is our duty to take care of the planet by not being wasteful. (Don't forget the other two Rs--Reduce and Reuse.)
3) I'm terrified to drive in cities.
4) We've had 10 different cars in the last 10 years, and 6 of them have been stick. Eight of them have had names. I still miss Fletcher (the Mini).
5) I've been to Europe three times--twice to Italy and Greece (first time had a little Germany and Switzerland thrown in) and once to England and Scotland. I'd love to go back to the UK, but I hate flying.
6) I love animals and don't think they should be eaten or worn. But I hate snakes so much that even pictures of them startle me. I taped pieces of paper over all of the pictures of snakes in my college biology books.
7) I love theatre and concerts. My favorite musicals are RENT and Wicked.
8) I'm afraid to have children because I can't even imagine loving another child as much as I love my three nephews: Nate, Trey, and Caleb.
9) My belly button is pierced.
10) I had ACL reconstruction 9 years ago but my knee still hurts every day.
11) I'm a guidance counselor for grades 7-12 and most of the time I love my job.
12) I'm also an Independent Consultant for The Body Shop, and I love it! (BONUS: The company is against animal testing!)
13) I had a pet rat named Vailey who loved spaghetti and Cheese Nips, and I cried when she died.
14) I love chocolate, spaghetti, dill pickles, Nutella, tofu, and lots of weird vegetarian foods.
15) I can feel my blood pressure rise when I hear people chewing with their mouths open.
16) If someone tells me something in confidence, I never, ever talk about it.
17) I have been hurt badly a few times in my life and while I have moved on and am very happy with my life, I will never forget what happened. (Not because I don't want to, but because I can't.)
18) The only sport I like is hockey, and the only team I like is the Sabres.
19) I've never been drunk and never tried drugs or smoking, and I don't intend to.
20) My musical tastes are varied, but I wouldn't say I like "everything." I'm very picky.
21) Love Actually is my favorite movie EVER. I'm not a sappy person, but I cry during the opening scene and several times throughout.
22) I often have to keep myself from saying what I think.
23) I can tickle my own feet.
24) I love watching TV. The show Top Gear, which we "discovered" in England, makes me laugh until I hurt.
25) It has taken me several days to write this because I couldn't think of enough interesting stuff to put in it.
I’m Finally Ready to Enjoy This Pregnancy
13 hours ago