Friday, July 11, 2008

Dilated pupils--whoa!

Oh man, I had to go to the eye doctor today because I was a year and a half overdue for my eye exam. I have a problem with a bit of a floater, so she had to dilate my pupils. I didn't think it would really be that big of a deal, but boy, was I wrong! At first, my eyes just felt really sticky, but then my vision got all blurry and I got dizzy and it was one of the weirdest sensations ever. Then she took me back into the exam room and shined all kinds of lights into my eyes. It wasn't painful, but it was just freakin' hard to keep my eyes open with miniature suns pouring into them. She actually had to pry my eyelids open! I'm probably going to have some black eyes tomorrow.

But I did pick out some new glasses. My optometrist carried the coolest glasses! I'd like new glasses (my current glasses are 3.5 years old, and could break at any time, so they recommended a backup pair), and I really need new sunnies as well. I'm going to see how much money we have in our flex account, and if we have enough, I may end up getting both pairs of glasses because the money HAS to be used by the end of August. I guess that there are worse things that could happen!

No comments: