Sunday, July 13, 2008

Insomnia

I...can...not...sleep. When I'm in sleeping mode, I sleep like a champ. When I'm in not-sleeping mode, I lie awake in bed for hours at a time. I had a little extra help not sleeping tonight because Dolly was clawing the hell out of me, and I have the bloody legs to prove it. But this is just another sleepless night in a string of sleepless nights. It drives me nuts. I have an amazingly comfortable bed and I share it with an amazingly comfortable person who doesn't even snore! Yet there are times when it's actually like torture to stay in bed. So tonight I decided to get up. Mostly because Dolly was being such a pain (literally!), and I didn't want her to keep Chris awake since he has to work tomorrow. But also, I figured maybe I could actually put this time to use. I'm still not sure what to do, but after this blog is finished, I'm going to figure it out.

I realized recently that there are some things that are too personal to blog about. It's not that I have secrets, but they're more like internal battles that I have to sort out for myself. I used to have this idea that in a blog I could say anything, and I guess that's true, but there are some things I just don't want to say, at least not yet. Sometimes I just get so pensive. I start thinking about everything and I feel overwhelmed, even a little depressed. Then I feel guilty because I truly have nothing to be depressed about. Maybe I don't feel like blogging about it because I don't even know where to start.

No comments: