Thursday, July 24, 2008

...And in with the new

Alrighty, today is a new day and I have a new attitude! I need to keep the pessimism out of this blog. I still haven't decided whether or not I'm going to remove the negative posts. We'll see...

One thing I realized is that I have to put more pictures in my blog. The picture of Christ Church in Oxford that I posted in my blog yesterday looks so pretty!

I've been doing a little bit of yoga the last few days, and doing it has made me wonder why I don't do it more often. I think that's one of the reasons why I'm feeling so much better, emotionally and physically. Sometimes it's difficult for me because I have problems with my knee and both feet (they're completely flat), and balance is an issue, not because I'm unbalanced per se, but because I'm in pain (caused by my feet), or because my knee gives out on me, or because I can't bend it far enough. I have physical therapy tomorrow, which will address the knee issue. I don't know how much it will help, but I'll give it my all and hope for the best. As for the feet, I'm going to ask them at PT if they can help, and if not, I'm going to make an appt with a podiatrist.

I've decided that if it's possible, I want to teach yoga. It has been a dream of mine for several years, but I just can't seem to find the time to get certified. It seems like it will be a lot of work. And the truth is that I won't be able to make a living at it once I'm certified. But still, it's a goal to reach for, and one of the ways I can get a step closer to making it a reality is to practice every day. There are two benefits to it-- 1) I continue to get stronger and feel better, and 2) if an opportunity presents itself for me to become certified to teach it, I'll be fit, flexible, and ready to go through the certification program.

I went to the beach this morning. The main reason I went so early is that the car was parked at the end of our driveway, and it was blocking the sidewalk, which was making me paranoid. So I thought instead of starting the car up just to pull it into the garage, I'll actually drive it to the beach, something I wanted to do anyway, and when I come back, I'll park it in the garage. So that's what I did. The weather was kind of iffy--there were big clouds and it was really windy (although the temperature was gorgeous), but I decided to at least get out there for a few minutes. I stopped to take a couple of pictures (one can be seen below), then I walked toward the water. I found two pieces of glass, and then I heard a clap of thunder. The storm looked like it was blowing past where I was, but I value my life way too much to risk getting struck by lightning, so I scampered around picking up some nice pieces of shale, which I thought would be a great start to my flower beds, and then I got out of there. I sat in my car admiring the beauty of the sky, water, waves, etc..., and I decided to get out of the car and take just a few more pictures (seen above at the left and right).

It thundered again, though, and I took that as my sign to get out of there, so I made my way back to the car and went home with my loot. I saw some lightning as I was driving home, and I'm glad I wasn't on the beach at that time! (Oh, yesterday there were some waterspouts on the lake right in the area where I was today. I'm kind of bummed that I didn't get to see them, but I'm glad that I was a safe distance away from them.)

No comments: