Friday, July 25, 2008

First PT appt

I went to PT today at 10:30. I'm really helping that this helps my knee but part of me is skeptical. I've experienced some pain, although very mild, since my surgery in 2000. Back in May, my knee suddenly swelled up like a balloon. I couldn't bend it or straighten it. It didn't really hurt, it was more like I had a big rubber band wrapped around it that prevented me from moving it. I even had a really difficult time walking, and a couple of times I had to even stop biking because I couldn't pedal. It started feeling better, but I went to the doctor anyway. It's tough to go to a doctor and say, "My knee was hurting a few weeks ago, but it's fine now." I feel kind of bad for the doctors who have to try to figure out what's wrong when they have nothing to go on. So now I'm in PT and we'll see if it helps. I'd really like to get back to doing more yoga, but some of the poses are really difficult since I can't bend very well, or put any weight directly on my knee (like when I have to kneel down or sit on my heels...I just realized that it's hard to describe what I'm thinking).

Right now I have to find some lunch, then get ready to drive to Buffalo. We're going to see a concert tonight--3 Doors Down, Hinder, and Staind. Not my favorite bands, but Chris likes them, and I like music (and Chris), so that's our plan for tonight. I'm tired just thinking about it.

No comments: