Thursday, June 12, 2008

Weird night, weird morning.

WILD ANIMALS KEEPING ME UP AT NIGHT...
Last night (or actually this morning--1:30am) we were awakened by the sound of really loud growling, whining, whimpering, etc... It was all happening outside, so we knew it wasn't the cats (who stay in all of the time). Then it sounded like someone set off a fire cracker, presumably to scare the animals away. Then Xander started barking, which woke up Chris. We were looking out the window, but it was hard to tell where the noise was even coming from. We got Chris' work light from the basement and shined it outdoors. We didn't see anything, but the noise stopped, so we went back to bed. I take forever to fall asleep, so just about the time I was falling asleep, around 2:30, it happened again. I shined the light but didn't see anything, and then the noise stopped, so I went back to bed. Then at 3:30...same thing. This time, I caught a glimpse of something up in a tree in the neighbor's yard, and when I shined the light back on it, it fell out of the tree!!! Probably from about 30 feet up! I think it was still alive because I could still hear it making noise and running around, but then it stopped growling and once again, I went back to bed. It made a little noise again shortly after the last incident, but it didn't last long. Chris went around and closed up all of the windows (luckily it was cool outside) so we could get a little bit of sleep. Thankfully, we were able to sleep after that, but I was TIRED this morning when 5:30 rolled around. I must have hit snooze and fell asleep immediately because at 5:4o we woke up again going "holy crap, we're late!"

INSOMNIA...
Isn't it ironic...when I have to get up for work, I can fall asleep in a second, but when I go to bed at a normal time, I lie awake, thinking of all sorts of stuff. Maybe I should get up and blog myself to sleep.

WHEW, HE'S BREATHING...
Then this morning, I was walking Xander and I saw a guy laying in a really awkward position on the steps of the church that was converted into a halfway house, and I was certain that he was dead. I tried to see if he was breathing, but I couldn't tell if he was from across the street, so Xander and I walked a little farther down the street and then crossed over. I tried to see/hear if the guy was breathing, but I couldn't tell. Just then, Xander decided to "do his business" right near the guy, and since I had to stand there for a little longer, I was able to hear that he was breathing. If Xander hadn't stopped, I would have gone home to call 911. My dear mother in law reminded me that it probably wasn't the best idea to walk close to the guy like that, and I know she's right, but hindsight is always 20/20.

FINALLY MADE MY APPOINTMENTS
I'd been putting it off as long as I could, but I finally broke down and made my doctor's appointments. If I don't use up my flex money, I lose it, so I need to make sure I get my insoles for my shoes or cool new sunnies or both. I think that I've been so grumpy because these phone calls were looming over me, and that on top of the end-of-the-year festivities at MG, it was just causing me a great deal of tress. So I broke down and made my calls today, which I hate to do at work, but sometimes it just has to be done. I rarely make it home in time to make the calls before the offices close because I stay at work late nearly every day, plus I do some of my work from home, so I think that it (more than) balances out.


No comments: