Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blogging

I've come to appreciate and respect fellow bloggers a lot more since I've started blogging. I've made a few discoveries about blogging...

1) Sometimes I just don't feel like blogging. I had hoped to write a blog every day, but sometimes, I just don't wanna. (Of course, sometimes I don't have time, either.)

2) I worry about sounding too negative. As everyone can see in my little blurb about myself, I'm a happy person. I'm pleased with my life and I appreciate every day and every person who touches my life. But I'm also realistic, and I'm very opinionated about certain topics. And I also have EMOTIONS. Sometimes I'm ecstatic about the dumbest things...but occasionally I'm also annoyed by stupid things. I'm even MORE annoyed by ignorance. I hope my readers know that just because I blow off steam from time to time, it doesn't mean that I'm an ungrateful or pessimistic person. I'm just a person!

3) I wonder how honest I should be. Do I admit that I curse too much or talk about how much a friend annoyed me? (Both of these are blog topics in and of themselves, so I'll save those for a later time in order to stick to the topic.)

4) I always think of the best blog topics when I'm out and about, and by the time I get home, I've forgotten what I want to write about.

5) I'm never quite sure if I'm done with a post. I'm always wondering if there's something else I want to say before I post it. And if I post it and then think of something else I want to write, and I edit my post, will readers who have already seen that post know that it's been edited? I don't expect to have a lot of readers, but still, these are the questions on my mind.

No comments: