Monday, June 9, 2008

Students, fatigue, writing, doctor's appointments, and asking for favors

My students make me laugh. I'm often surprised by the things they tell me, but I'm also amused :)

I'm very tired today. I hate it when people constantly complain about being tired, so I try not to be one of those people. Actually, I'm not one of those people because I'm not usually tired. Generally, there's a solution to the problem...get some sleep, preferably on some sort of a schedule, and nourish your body. Once in a while, fatigue cannot be avoided. (Like on the day after the awards ceremony this past Monday. Fifteen hour workdays almost guarantee fatigue the next day.) Today I have no excuses. I'm just tired. I would like to go home and sit down on the couch with a book and a smoothie.

Lately I have had the urge to write. I'm not sure what I want to write about, but I want to write, so I have decided to just write what I think. Maybe that will reveal what a genius I am. Or how weird I am. Either way, I'll learn a little something about myself. So as I sit here at work, all I want to do is write about nothing.

I hate making doctors appointments almost as much as I hate going to them, but it appears that this knee is not going to fix itself.

I'm reminded of how I hate asking people for favors. Tomorrow I have to take the Pilot to have the AC looked at, and I need to bum a ride to work from the dealership and then get a ride from a friend to get back to the dealership. But the thing is that people generally don't mind helping out, just as I don't mind helping others out. But sometimes it's still hard to ask.

No comments: