Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11, Twitter, Garlic Festival

I'm in a good mood today, but I'm kind of somber, too, as I remember the anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center. I'm sure many people have the same thoughts I'm having right now...they remember how they felt that day, where they were, how they found out, and how their lives were changed. I even remember what I was wearing that day! I think that the attacks temporarily made Americans a little more aware, and a little more thankful. As we remember what happened seven years ago, I hope that everyone takes a minute to think of what it means to be an American, and to appreciate and accept the people around them, and to always do the right thing, even if that choice is the more difficult one.
~~~~~~~~~~
I've been using Twitter since this summer, and I'm surprised to find that I'm meeting some very cool new people on there!
~~~~~~~~~~
I guess I didn't get much blogging done today. Most of my thoughts seem to leave my head before I can write about them.
~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend I'm going to Cuba for the garlic festival. I think this is the fourth year of the event, and my parents are in charge of parking, so I get to go back to my hometown and work the whole weekend. Part of me is excited to go down there, but the other part of me is really wishing I could stay home, do housework, sleep in until 7am in my own bed, and spend time with Chris. But now I actually need to go and pack for the weekend. It's probably going to rain, which is going to mean I'll be very wet, dirty, and uncomfortable.

No comments: