Friday, January 2, 2009

Do I have to go back to work?

Yes, yes I do have to go back to work. But I really don't want to. Since Christmas fell on a Thursday, we ended up with 12 days off. We traveled for the first six, and then we have six glorious days to spend at home. We're on day four, and I'm starting to feel a little sad. I love my job...I enjoy the kids and the challenge of the work that I do, but it drains me. When I'm home I feel alive and creative and it's awesome. I also dread the drive to work. It's 35 minutes when the weather is good...and a lot longer when the weather is bad. I drive right through the snow belt on back roads, so I have a lot of scary moments during my commute.

I know that if I didn't have work to go to, I'd be sad, but at this point the thought of not being able to continue to tackle some of my home projects also makes me a little sad. I just have to try to enjoy the heck out of these last three days. And to avoid the Sunday Slump.

No comments: