Thursday, August 28, 2008

Too good to be true?

I woke up this morning feeling, well, really good! Even though I love my life and I look forward to each day, upon waking up I experience a feeling that I can best describe as dread, and I have no idea why. I don't know if it's that I have to go to work, or the feeling that I won't get anything accomplished, or any number of other things, but the only way to describe it is a crushing feeling.

Last night after work I had a horrible headache from the fire alarm testing they were doing all day long, but I had errands to run...I needed to mail something at the post office for Chris, then I wanted to get some books on CD for my drive to and from work. After that I went home and, as you probably saw in yesterday's post, I dealt with the neighbor kids asking me if I could go out and play.

Chris came home briefly, and then he went to play computer games with the guys, so I had some alone time. I didn't do anything special...I had some dinner, did some laundry and some ironing, read a little bit of a book I just bought at the library, and various other little chores. The only thing I did that was purely for me is that I did yoga for about 10 minutes. And if that's all it takes to make me feel this good, then consider me converted. I really felt like a different person when I woke up this morning. I'm going to test my theory again tonight and see if a little yoga makes me feel this good tomorrow morning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My school district doesn't pay teachers (and counselors) for classes done in anything other than the traditional manner--go to a college, sit in the classroom with a professor, and pay $2000+ for a class. I did classes through Indiana Wesleyan University, which were correspondence-type classes. I got the book and the videos in the mail, and I watched the videos (just like a distance-learning class) and did all of the work (which took a long time!). And New York State approved the classes for my permanent counselor certification!!!! But my district won't pay me for the credits, so that's over $800 a year that my district isn't paying me. Before, I didn't have the energy to deal with this issue. I don't know if it's just today because I'm feeling spunky, or if the issue is finally starting to get to me, but I want something done about this! The union hasn't done much for me up to this point...maybe it's time for me to start demanding that my dues do something to benefit me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm looking for new short haircuts. I've had short hair several times, but it always works the same way...I grow my hair out long enough to donate to Locks of Love, then I get a nice short, cute haircut, then I get one more "maintenance haircut," and then I let it grow again, usually because I'm too busy to get it cut again. So then it gets long and I like the fact that I can put it in a ponytail, so I get a little attached to it, then it gets long and starts to bug me. I'm at that point gain. Inevitably this is the time when someone will walk up to me and tell me what beautiful hair I have. But I'm ready to cut it short and I'm looking for ideas. Again. I make appointments but never have any idea what kind of a haircut I'll want. (I'm open to suggestions, but I realize that if anyone is reading my blog, you probably don't even know me, so it would be hard for you to suggest something.)

No comments: