Saturday, August 23, 2008

My first trip to Lily Dale

I went to Lily Dale on Friday for the first time. I've been curious about the place since we moved to Dunkirk six years ago. It was an incredibly enlightening day for me, and I will go into more detail about my visit when I have more time to reflect on what I learned there.

Just to give a quick preview, though...I'm almost afraid that I'll offend people with what I have to say about my experience. I was raised by two Christian parents and went to a Catholic college. The majority of people with whom I surround myself are Christian to some extent. However, I've never felt completely comfortable in any of those churches. I was surprised and pleased to find that I felt at home in the chapel at Lily Dale. I have a lot of learning and exploring to do, but the truth is that I feel more awake and alive than I have with any other religion/philosophy.

No comments: