Friday, November 6, 2009

Some sort of chocolate loaf

I was looking for recipes for some bread/cake stuff that we had when we were in Greece. It was a really mild chocolate flavor and was really dense and moist. I would eat a few pieces at breakfast, then swipe a few more pieces to take with me for the day. I have looked all over for a recipe, so if this sounds like anything you've ever had before, let me know! I THINK this might be one of my attempts at making it. Not sure. Again, I didn't label it, so I'll have to make it and see how it turns out!

Sift together:
2 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 t soda
1/2 c cocoa
1 c sugar
1/2 t salt

in a small bowl, combine:
1 egg
1/3 c butter
1 1/4 c sour milk (add 1 T vinegar to room temp milk, let sit 5 min)
combine until just blended
put in sprayed 9x5 loaf pan, bake 1 hour @ 350

No comments: