Saturday, April 11, 2009

NYC 4.11.09

We went to New York City today. The past couple of times we've gone to the city, we've stayed in Rockland County because we have friends here, and it's very easy to hop on a train to get there. Parking costs between $25 and $50 in the city, and then there's gas, tolls on the bridges, and the time and aggravation of getting down there. A round trip train ticket costs $12 and once we get to the city, we can take the subway almost anywhere we want to go.

Today the weather was absolutely miserable. It was cold and raining and that put a bit of a damper on my mood. The car show was incredible, though. (I should mention that while I'm a huge tree hugger, I also really love cars. It's tough when two things I love are mutually exclusive, but I will say that if I had to choose one of the two, it would be the environment.)

We saw so many exotic cars and some really neat concept cars. I was happy to see that so many car companies are putting a lot of effort into "greening" their production process and their engines. I still think we have a long way to go, but they're on the right track.

Here's a picture of Chris checking out a BMW motorcycle.

This BMW Z4 did a "painting". http://www.loungesiva.com/tim/design/bmw-z4-2009-painting
I know I can't have a Mini anymore, but can Blueberry? Here's the wall where the Mini racer was...

...and here's the Mini racer
Bumblebee! (He's in Transformers)
Our lunch from Angelo's Coal Fired Pizza. We go out of our way to eat at this restaurant when we're in the city. Can you blame us? Look at that slice!

No comments: