Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quiet blog lately

I'm not sure why I haven't blogged lately. I guess maybe I feel like nothing interesting has happened, and sometimes I figure since no one reads it, what's the point, and I have been a little on the busy side, but other than the typical "excuses" for not blogging, I don't have a very good explanation as to why I've been absent. I've been visiting my blog to check other people's blogs, but I just haven't been inspired to write. Or maybe I've been TOO inspired to write, but I'm spending too much time being inspired and not enough time writing. Either way, I'm actually feeling a little empty because I haven't written.

We've been doing some fun stuff! I just love spending time with Chris :) Last weekend we went to a preseason Sabres game and sat in the second row, then during the 3rd period we moved up to some empty seats in the front row, so we got to pound on the glass and act like obnoxious hockey fans. Actually, that's not true...we weren't being obnoxious. We weren't swearing and acting like jerks, but we were pounding on the glass...that's just fun!!!

My students this year have been absolutely awesome! My Girl Talk group inspires me to want to do more and better things. I have a few students who want to do all kinds of service projects, and I'm SO PROUD of them. And one nice thing about them is that they're young--9th and 10th grade! So I'll have 3-4 years to work with them and help them with all kinds of service projects. I'm a big advocate for volunteering and giving back to other people, so this is like living a dream for me. I'm teaching young people the value and beauty of doing things for others. I've never felt so good about my job!!!

I'm finding that politics really bother me. As I've mentioned before, I'm very moderate about some topics and hold very strong opinions about other topics, but I've realized that it bothers me when people are hypocrites. I have some very good friends who are rubbing me the wrong way, and I hate that I get so riled up. I have to just keep my mouth shut, cast my vote, and hope that we can peacefully coexist no matter who is elected. What really matters in the end is LOVE, COMPASSION, and KINDNESS!

I went to the Ellicottville Brewing Company ("Fredonia campus") with Chris and some of his Canisius coworkers on Friday. I really liked everyone there and we shared some laughs. It was fun. I didn't drink beer, though. Beer is not my friend ever since that time I drank some (not much--just a few ounces, because I didn't really like it) and then went on carnival rides. I can comfortably say that I will never drink beer again.

I can't think of anything else right now, and my battery is going to die soon anyway. I have to go pick out my clothes and prepare for another busy week at work. And hopefully I'll remember to blog more. As always, thanks for reading!

No comments: