Monday, March 16, 2009

I feel like a jerk

I feel like a lot of stupid little things have gotten to me today, and now I'm in a horrible mood. This all started first thing this morning on my way to work and it's been eating at me all day, then I get home to find that the dog has gotten into stuff again. That's really irritating to me, and I'm at the point where I'd seriously like to just get rid of the dog, and probably one of the cats, too. They're destroying our house and our stuff and that's not what a pet is supposed to do. A pet is supposed to enrich your life and make you feel happy. My pets just make me feel angry and stressed.

So the thing that happened this morning--I was on my way to work and stuck behind a car that routinely goes about 5 to 10 miles under the speed limit. Not wanting to be a total jerk, I opted not to pass her for a while, then it got to be too much, and she was going to make me get stuck behind a bus, so I passed her...just as the bus was pulling out in front of me. So I'm following the bus, and it's doing about 40-45 mph. The speed limit on that road is 55, but I'm ok if it's going 50 or so. After all, it is a school bus. Plus, I knew it would have to stop and pick up one of our students not far down the road. But after it picked up the student, it kept doing 40mph. It's hard to know exactly what happened in this series of events, but I imagine I was expecting her to accelerate, which she didn't. When I expect someone to, you know, go the speed limit, I probably tend to get too close to them until they pick up speed. Well, this bus decided to KEEP SLOWING DOWN, which was so irritating. You should probably know that this particular driver NEVER pulls over for cars who are stuck behind her for 3 miles or more. She's the only driver I've ever encountered who refuses to pull over for cars. So anyway, after that, she freakin' brake checked me!!! Then at school one of the students said that she was complaining to the kids about how I was on her tail. I was SO TICKED, I can't even tell you. But here's the other thing...even though I don't feel like I did anything wrong, I felt scolded, attacked, etc... I take criticism very personally if it's not something I intended to do wrong. So this has been eating at me all day. Then I come home to find that Xander has grabbed two sticks of butter that I had thawing in the corner of the counter (I have no idea how he got them) and tried to bury them in the couch. So now the couch smells like vomit. I would really love to kill him.

No comments: