Sunday, March 8, 2009

Greek Dressing

Back in January we had a luncheon at school and someone brought in Ken's Greek dressing. I've bought Ken's dressings before but didn't really like them. I've bought Greek dressing (not Ken's) and was underwhelmed by that, too. The only Greek dressings I really like are ones I can get in restaurants or in Greece, but the Ken's dressing was really good! However, I prefer to make a lot of foods from scratch because then I know what's in it. When you buy pre-packaged foods, they're full of preservatives and partially hydrogenated nastiness. So I went online and found a few recipes. There was one in particular that people raved about, so I finally picked up the last few ingredients I needed to make it. I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. It might be a little on the strong side--the red wine vinegar flavor is VERY strong--but it's very tasty. Now I'm wishing I had picked up some feta while I was out at the store, and maybe some olives, because those two ingredients would round out a salad quite nicely!

No comments: