Friday, May 15, 2009

I think I've been stabbed in the back!

I was talking to a friend of mine today, and he said that he saw an acquaintance of mine. I say acquaintance because we know each other and might possibly be friends, but there always seemed to be some tension between us and I don't know what it is; we just never really "clicked." So anyway, I was talking to my friend and he said that this person said some stuff about me...stuff that only a few people know. It's not that I have any deep, dark secrets. I just happened to share some of my deepest fears at a really rough time in my life with very few friends, and I have a feeling that one of the people I talked to told this other person. Let me see if I can explain this better...

I was going through a rough time as so many of us do. I leaned on a couple friends. Like, TWO friends. And I told them pretty much everything. One of those people, we'll call her "Person A" is friends with my acquaintance, "Person B." Person A knows that I don't particularly like Person B. So when my other friend, "Person Z" told me that Person B knew all kinds of stuff about my emotional turmoil of a few years ago, the only one I could really think of who would have shared such information would have been Person A.

I'm very confused right now because, first of all, this information was probably shared years ago, and that situation has long since passed. I'm over it and am now very happy. I don't know what good it would do to confront her about it. At the same time, though, I want her to know that I'm not pleased that she shared this information. And then there's a tiny part of me that wonders if I'm barking up the wrong tree. Maybe she didn't say anything!

Ugh, I'm so angry and hurt right now!!! But the good thing is that Chris will be home in a few hours and I can't wait to hug and kiss him and make up for the four days we've been apart!!!

No comments: