Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sick day

I'm editing the content of this message since I'm sure there are details my readers just won't want to know ;)

I felt kind of funny, but not horrible this morning when I was getting ready for work. As it got closer to the time I usually leave, I felt worse and worse. I'm not the type of person to make a big deal out of not feeling well, so I left for work, the whole time wondering if I it was a good idea to make the 35 minute drive when I was in pain that seemed to be increasing. I got about halfway to work and the pain was so bad I pulled over and called my secretary to tell her what's up. She said JUST GO HOME!!! So that's what I did. I think that was the longest drive of my life, trying to get home with the pain increasing every second. At 8:00 I called my doctor and they squeezed me in this morning. (For those of you who don't know me, I HATE going to the doctor, so I know I felt horrible because I didn't think twice about making an appt.) She ran some tests and put me on an antibiotic. I'm not all that thrilled about being on meds, but that's the only way I'm really going to get rid of this infection.

So now I'm sitting at home, and I'm feeling better, so I feel kind of guilty for not going to work. In a way I feel like I overreacted by calling the doctor so quickly. I'm the kind of person who believes that my body will take care of itself. (But then again, why do I get so many infections?)

I'm going to try to take advantage of this time to get some stuff done around the house now that I'm up and moving around again.

1 comment:

organicyogamom said...

I've been lukcy and only ever had these while preggers - but I would suggest upping your water intake large all the time but especially during times when you feel a little tingle coming on. I also am a big fan of real pure organic cranberry juice - makes the mouth pucker but is helpful. There are a lso a few other homepathic things that you can use.......hope you're feeling better soon girl!